If you are admitted as a college freshman in fall, you may want to take advantage of the opportunity to enroll in a course offered in the second summer session.
Why? Research on student success consistently supports the idea of making a start in the summer directly prior to the fall that follows it and cites the following advantages:
- Focusing in summer on one or two courses at a time
- Having credit hours under your belt before you begin the fall semester
- Relieving the stress on your first-year academic load
- Sampling college work and expectations
- Learning to navigate the campus
- Making new friends
How do I get started?
Once you have been accepted to UNC Charlotte, you should follow these simple steps:
- Email admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org); include your name, a piece of identifying information (date of birth, mailing address, student ID#, or something similar), and request to have your application moved to Summer II.
- Sign up for SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising and Registration) that is held before July, when you go to SOAR you can sign up for your Summer School course.
- If your SOAR session is in July or later, contact email@example.com with questions and course selection. NOTE: Your AP credits and choice of major will influence your course selection. Seek advising during SOAR or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and course selection.
Questions? Contact us.