The UNC Charlotte Summer Course Schedule includes online and hybrid courses. The course schedule also includes course notes. Students should carefully read these notes, specifically the delivery method, any required meeting dates and times, and exam requirements.
Online – Instruction is delivered 100% online, asynchronously (no specified meeting day or time) or synchronously (required virtual class meetings with specific dates). Each instructor determines if tests are administered online or on-campus. To locate online courses in the course schedule, select "Online" delivery method in the Instructional Method field.
Hybrid – The course is delivered through a combination of traditional face-to-face classroom instruction and the Internet. For some hybrid courses, at least 50% of the instruction is delivered in an online format. To determine if a course is at least 50% online, select the desired course from the Summer Course Schedule, and review the corresponding course notes. To locate Hybrid courses from Banner's "Class Schedule Search" page, select "Hybrid: Face-to-Face & Online” delivery method in the Instructional Method field.
Prepare for your online course
- Each course instructor determines his/her course delivery method(s). Make sure you know how your courses are delivered by viewing the Summer Course Schedule.
- Moodle is an open source learning management system used to deliver course content, administer quizzes, submit assignments, and more, all in a secure online environment. When used alone, Moodle is an asynchronous tool, but instructors may utilize a Wimba meeting in conjunction with Moodle. Learn to use the Moodle resources. Log into Moodle.
- Centra is our web conferencing program for "live" virtual class sessions. Click here for the Centra resources. Participation in Centra courses requires a headset with attached microphone and logging into class sessions at specific times. Instructors using Centra will provide students with a Centra link, typically within their Moodle course.
- Panopto CourseCast. Some faculty members are recording lectures and providing these lectures over the web via Panopto CourseCast. Your instructor will provide you with the class username and password (case-sensitive) required to log into CourseCast.
- Textbooks can be ordered through the UNC Charlotte Bookstore.
- Does your computer meet Technical Specifications?
Student Computing Services
- Answers to everything computing can be found at Student Computing.
- Your NinerNET username and password is your key to student computing at UNC Charlotte. The combination of your university assigned username and your chosen password is meant to be private and should not be shared with anyone. Obtain your NinerNET username and password.
- My UNC Charlotte gives you access to University email, course information, grades, registration, accounts, events, announcements, clubs and organizations.
- All official correspondence is sent to your UNC Charlotte email address. Find your email inside My UNC Charlotte or directly with Gmail.
- Banner Self-Service is a web-based tool students use to register for classes, pay tuition, check grades, update personal information, and check financial aid status. Explore Banner Self Service using the Banner Self Service Guide. You can access Banner Self Service from the My UNC Charlotte on the right side of the UNC Charlotte home page.
On the First Day
Note: Instructors generally do not make online courses accessible until the first day of the session.
- Through the My UNC Charlotte portal: There is an icon for Moodle in the horizonial menu (under ESSENTIALS) after you have logged in.
- Direct Link to Moodle: You can also access Moodle directly.