Attended UNC Charlotte as a visiting student before?
- You need to submit a new application.
Have a bachelor's degree?
- Summer visitors who already have a degree and are not enrolled in a degree program must visit the "post-bac" (Non-Degree) application. Students who already hold a baccalaureate degree are not eligible to apply as visiting students with Undergraduate Admissions.
Working toward your first bachelor's degree?
- Summer visitors who do not already have a degree and are not enrolled in degree programs at UNC Charlotte MUST complete an Online Application.
The application fee is $60.00 and can be paid online in the form of a credit card or debit card.
NOTE: The online application is the same application that ALL students interested in coming to UNC Charlotte fill out. If you are a visiting student for the summer, please fill out the high school information to the best of your availability. High school transcripts are not required. Please see below for more important information about transcripts.
When is the deadline to apply?
- We recommend you apply at the start of the session since many courses quickly reach the maximum capacity. Admissions will take about 2 weeks to process your application; once your application is processed you will receive a letter with your username, ID number, and instructions on how to register for your classes. Visiting students can begin registering for classes beginning March 28, 2015.
- The final application deadline for first summer session is May 1, 2015 and June 1, 2015 for second summer session. Admissions will not accept any applications (visitors, freshmen, second degree or transfers) for second summer term after these dates. All required transcripts MUST be official and must be received by these dates to ensure adequate processing time. Unofficial transcripts will NOT be used for admission decisions. Please note that visiting students are not required to send transcripts with their admission application. Please see below about providing transcripts for prerequisites.
What about transcripts?
- Visiting Summer Students do not need to send a transcript with their admissions application. Before registering please check to see if there are restrictions or prerequisites. You may need to contact a department if a transcript is required. Some departments will require that a transcript be sent directly to their office in order to allow you into a class. To get contact information for departments please call Student Serices Call Center at 704-687-UNCC (8622). Do not send transcripts to Admissions.
What courses will transfer back to my College or University?
- Students taking courses to transfer to another institution should be sure to follow the procedures of their "home" institution to confirm the applicability of specific UNC Charlotte summer session courses to their academic program. Visiting students should also arrange to have a transcript of their UNC Charlotte course work sent to their home institution upon the completion of their Summer Session classes.
- To assist you with your educational planning, the Office of Admissions has developed a course equivalency table, Undergraduate Admission Transfer Credit Advisor . If a course equivalency table does not exist for your institution, please speak with your home academic advisor for recommendations. To find courses that may be equivalent at your current institution, students can use the Course Catalogs to find descriptions for courses to confirm with their academic advisors at their “home” institution.
Once admitted, how do I register?
- The registration is online using 49er Express. Click the “Need Help” link to activate your NinerNET account.
- All would-be Summer School registrants receive a registration appointment date and time: this is the date and time after which you are free to register. Registration priorities are assigned to current students first, and then to visiting students. Applicants will be notified regarding the success of their application and the time and date assigned for registration.
Ready to apply?
Click here for the Online Application.