Attended UNC Charlotte as a visiting student before?
- You do need to submit a new application.
Have a bachelor's degree?
- Summer visitors who already have a degree and are not enrolled in a degree program must visit the "post-bac" (Non-Degree) application. Students who already hold a first baccalaureate degree are not eligible to apply as visiting students with Undergraduate Admissions.
Do not have a bachelor's degree?
- Summer visitors who do not already have a degree and are not enrolled in degree programs at UNC Charlotte MUST complete an Online Application.
The application fee is $60.00 and can be paid online in the form of a credit card or debit card.
NOTE: The online application is the same application that ALL students interested in coming to UNC Charlotte fill out. If you are a visiting student for the summer, please fill out the high school information to the best of your availability. High school transcripts are not required. Please see below for more important information about transcripts.
What is the deadline to apply?
- We recommend you apply at least 2 weeks prior to the start of session. However, many summer courses will fill up quickly. Please be sure to fill out the online application early. Admissions will take about 2 weeks to process your application; once your application is processed you will receive a letter with your username, ID number, and instructions on how to register for your classes. Visiting students can begin registering for classes beginning March 29, 2013.
- The final application deadline for first summer session is May 10, 2013 and June 21, 2013 for second summer session. Admissions will not accept any applications (visitors, freshmen, second degree or transfers) for second summer term after these dates. All required transcripts MUST be official and must be received by these dates to ensure adequate processing time. Unofficial transcripts will NOT be used for admission decisions. Please note that visiting students are not required to send transcripts with their admission application. Please see below about providing transcripts for prerequisites.
What about transcripts?
- Visiting Summer Students do not need to send a transcript with their admissions application. Before registering please check to see if there are restrictions or prerequisites. You may need to contact a department if a transcript if called for. Some departments will require that a transcript be sent directly to their office in order to allow you into a class. To get contact information for departments please call the University Switchboard at 704-687-8622. Do not send transcripts to Admissions.
What courses will transfer back to my College or University?
- Students taking courses to transfer to another institution should be sure to follow the procedures of their "home" institution to confirm the applicability of specific UNC Charlotte summer session courses to their academic program. Visiting students should also arrange to have a transcript of their UNC Charlotte course work sent to their home institution upon the completion of their Summer Session classes.
- To assist you with your educational planning, the Office of Admissions has developed a course equivalency table, Undergraduate Admission Transfer Credit Advisor . If a course equivalency table does not exist for your institution, please speak with your home academic advisor for recommendations. To find courses that may be equivalent at your current institution, students can use the Course Catalogs to find descriptions for courses to confirm with their academic advisors at their “home” institution.
Click here for the Online Application.